Sunday, July 12, 2009

4 Years Later

After four years of not seeing my good friend, we met up again. However, we did not meet in his home country nor mine.
My high school friend that was an exchange student himself came from Germany. Now he was in Argentina, while I was in Chile.
This weekend we saw each other again. And it was so great to laugh and remember old times. Truthfully, I think I forgot how funny he is and how much we laugh together.
One day, I gave him a tour of Valparaiso. The next day was of Vina del Mar. The final day was of Renaca and ConCon. However, in between activities he met my host family and some of my friends here. We had good conversations and an overall great time together.








Okay, one thing that I wanted to add was how Jannes and I have joked for years about being on the Amazing Race. When he was in the U.S., him and I watched a season of the Amazing Race. Anyway, this weekend with him reminded me of that. First of all, we were not in his country, nor mine. We were more or less in unfamiliar territory. We had to take taxis, buses, etc. We had to speak a language that is not native to either of us. We were lost at times. haha (I am not very good with a sense of direction.) Finally, the morning he had to leave, we were a bit late. Therefore, we were running to the bus terminal at the break of dawn. He had a big backpack on, and I was carrying the smaller one. It was funny, because it reminded us of when the teams on the Amazing Race head off early in the morning. They usually start running in the dark kind of like that. Haha Just a fun memory/thought that I wanted to record. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment